Tuesday, October 04, 2005

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!

I am not really at liberty to discuss too much due to client confidentiality and suchlike. However, I am so completely frustrated by the situation I find myself in that I feel I should share it with others to gain some sort of foothold on sanity via their comments...

I am currently keyworking a man who cannot, for a variety of reasons, see that he is ever in the wrong about anything. Ok, there are many people we know like this - uncle roy; the bloke who preaches at people very loudly from the middle of Broadmead; you when you're drunk, etc. But this guy is disagreeing with the opinions of a whole variety of health and housing professionals, on the basis of a handful of YTS certificates that
apparently make him qualified up to world leader status. Oh, and if you should directly call his actions or words into question he'll take you to court (or at least threaten to. Repeatedly).
Part of my current job is to sit with this man for an hour per week and discuss issues which relate to his re-housing. When he turns up and goes on about how everyone is against him, and it could lead to his untimely demise, and he wants all their names so he knows who to blame, well... It's reached the point where I feel like saying "You know what? I'm not surprised everyone is against you. Where do I sign up?"

He has been passed from organisation to organisation. We all phone each other to discuss issues and when his name is mentioned we all go "oh, him (sigh/chuckle)". Nobody knows how to handle him or what to do with him. And now I have him.
I have tried reason. It hasn't worked. I have tried confronting him with various harsh realities. No joy there. I'm on the verge of not making any keyworking appointments for him at all until I move jobs. Lots of suffering and an increasing shortfall in the compassion department. I have until the 21st when I move jobs to try and work out a solution or come to terms with dumping him on someone else. *shrug*

In a semi-related item, I bought a new airsoft rifle last weekend. The stress relief gained by running around an airsofting site shooting a lot of other gun-toting psychos is not to be underestimated. My arsenal is now quite large (7 items) and I plan to by around 5 more while I can - before the Government push through the Violent Crime Reduction bill and stop anyone from buying any more. Rather than me start spouting vitriol about how the nanny state is persecuting upstanding responsible citizens and failing to make laws that are already in place work to stop Chavs from using replica weapons to terrorise shopping centers (ah, too late), take a look at www.saveairsoft.org
I would gladly submit to registration, etc. But it looks like they're just set on knackering the whole thing. Bah.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shining Love Pig said...

Have you tried tickling him?

10/05/2005 1:23 am  
Blogger dataphage said...

Sometimes a lobotomy is socially acceptable.

10/05/2005 7:33 am  
Blogger bulabula said...

Goat san - he's a dodgy perv with questionable hygiene. I'm not sure I want to get that close.

Dataphage - for me or him?

10/07/2005 4:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home